Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education. Philosopher Bertrand Russell
Stupid is as stupid does, what a great line! One of the rare times I will find agreement with Sen. John Kerry, Vietnam War Veteran that “reported for duty” when the Democrat Party nominated him to run for president, is when he recently claimed Democrat voters are stupid. True enough because about 48% of the voting public was stupid enough to vote for him. At least 50% were smart enough smart enough not to.
It seems on average about 45% of the voting public vote Democrat. Even the immoral and corrupt Skirt-Chaser-in-Chief Clinton won with about only 45% of the vote. So Sen. Kerry is accurate in that there are a large number of stupid Democrat voters. There is one little caveat, only about 40% (or less) of the total population vote in most elections. That means the other 60% are smart enough to admit that they are too uninformed on the candidates and issues and don’t vote at all. When you think about it there is a small silver lining in that only about 20% of the total population “think” they are smart and vote Democrat.
However, 2008 was an odd year. The Marxist Radical Obama duped another 7% of the voting population into being stupid enough to vote for him. His birth and academic history is still a mystery. We do know that he was a lawyer, activist trainer and community organizer. We do know that he had absolutely NO executive or business experience and it shows. He is an unmitigated disaster and America is paying the price for not vetting this inexperienced Marxist Community Organizer.
This raises and interesting question. How could so many people be so stupid? Curiosity about this phenomenon is not new. During the 2008 election Obama used his great uncle Charles Payne as a campaign prop. While the prop turned into another gaff by the smartest man in the world, it did offer and interesting perspective by Mr. Payne. In referencing his WWII experience with Nazi Germany he said, “I am puzzled by intelligent people who stand by and allow their country to be taken over and run by extreme radical types. I’m still somewhat puzzled by that. And I am fully aware that it could happen and has almost happened in this country…”
The Democrat Party is not 100% Marxist drones. I have many associates, co-workers and extended family that are Democrats and they are intelligent, educated and experts in various fields and in many ways, smart people. But you have to wonder how they can be so stupid, intellectually irrational, or as Thomas Sowell put it, willfully ignorant.
I think a possible answer can be found in the animal world. Thousands of species with much smaller and less developed brains have intelligence and can be trained to perform many simple to complicated task. Everything from lab rats to dogs, tigers to chimps, and so on has enough intelligence capabilities to be trained. And so it is with our Liberal Democrat species.
Many Liberals, Socialists or Marxists (whichever label they prefer), that predominantly gravitate to the Democrat Party, have been educated in various fields and professions and sufficiently trained to be competent and successful in their chosen domains or careers. Some are even considered experts. Unfortunately, liberals have not been taught how to use their critical thinking skills outside the comfort zone of their specific sphere of expertise. They have been successfully dumbed-down by liberal academia, liberal media and other influential Marxist. They have been so indoctrinated in Marxism (or Liberalism, or Statism) that they have lost the ability of critical thinking, researching, and weighing pros and cons, or exploring unintended consequences. Today’s Liberal Democrats have essentially had a critical thinking skills lobotomy. That explains when it comes to Democrats – Stupid is as Stupid Does.